Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Beer of the week : Brew it yourself, lazy!

I'am in the process of deciding what beer I want to brew in the shed, but our friends at brewityourself, have some reviews of the stuff they sell, but they seem honest reviews from real punters, so will probably give the mild a go.

Geordie Mild


Highly recommended for novices. You will drink every last drop of it. When I brewed it, it was a little flat so I might recommend adding a little more than a tsp per pint during the priming phase. Maybe 1 heaped tsp instead of a level one. Otherwise though it tastes like a really good quality mild that you would buy from a pub. Flavour was quite woody but I like it that way. For £7.25 you cant go wrong for 40 pints of easy drinking mild. (4 stars)

Woodfordes Nog


My wife brews the beer and I drink it, she made a great job of this one. Takes a while to clear, maybe we should have used finings but a wonderful full bodied winter brew that you don't need too many of! Recommended (5 stars)

Home brewing and wine making supplies