Friday, November 10, 2006

Reviewme.com, no, not me, them!

Watch out it's one of those Paid for Posts!

In fact it's not a paid post yet, well not until I finish writing it. You read it and I get paid, so don't ignore this post yet - I will tell you when.

Wilco I hear you say, what the shed are you on about, you have enough ads on your site, why would you want any more?

Well I am not the best writer in the world, but hopefully the odd ramblings will now help pay for the server and the upgrade of the shed.

How? Well one of those posh Web 2.0 services has been set up to pay bloggers to write reviews. Simple, and as they say in the bumph:

"Get paid to review services and Web sites that are of interest to your readers, and reap the benefits of conversation with advertisers."

I am not sure of conversations with advertisers, but if it spreads the word of the shed, then I will talk to anyone.

It shows that all bloggers (and sheddies for that matter) and not just the big popular ones, are starting to get noticed by the big bad world of corporate advertisers. They know that we are not just pay for click monkeys (oh yes we are), but that in fact we do have opinions and sometimes people listen and agree or disagree with them!

Anyway, back to reviewme.com. If you are a blogger and want to make some extra cash telling your readers about stuff you think is good/bad or indifferent, then it's easy and you get some cash as well.

Sign up, pop in your details, add your website, then using the power of the "pick and mix", it checks if your site is poplar enough for these advertisers.

If you are given the go-ahead, you add your keywords to the system, and if an advertiser comes along and thinks that website is related to their "stuff" then Bob's your uncle, they pay reviewme.com, who then ask you to write a review on a product or service or whatever for the advertiser.

Then you get paid...

Sounds too good to be true... will keep watching this shed and I will tell you if it is.